2014/1/2 Noeck <noeck.marb...@gmx.de>

> > 4. Web interface
> > Currently the contributions are handled via github or by email.
> > Github is a good way but it's for geeks only. There are currently only
> > seven contributors:
> > https://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project/graphs/contributors
>
> I didn't know that this git repo.

I've just asked some website updates on mutopia-discuss. Let's see what
happens...

> > The email may be a good alternative, but who is receiving contributions@
> > emails? Just Chris? I have no idea if people send contributions this way.
> >

> The last time (1 year ago) I sent an email to the suggested address, I
> did not get any reply. So I didn’t try again and thought Mutopia is just
> dead. I have some scores, that I could upload, I could also use them to
> test any new upload feature.

Too bad.
Have you checked if your score has been added to Mutopia?

> > A modern web interface may attract more contributions?
>
> For several years now, I have sketches and ideas how that could work and
> look and I always wanted to learn enough web techniques to make a
> proposal which can be tested. But so far I still don’t have the
> capabilities to do it.

Are you talking about the appearance?
I think that what may really change mutopia website requires some
programming skill and knowledge of a web framework (django, for example).

> The last discussion I started about Mutopia ended without changing the
> website. If there is a chance that things really end up on the website,
> I would search for the notes I have taken back then and contribute to
> the discussion (but unfortunately not to realize it, see above).

which discussion?