On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Urs Liska <u...@openlilylib.org> wrote:

> I wanted to get my hands on a volume of Clara Schumann's edition of Robert
> Schumann's works. Unfortunately I realized that we don't have this at all
> in my city.
>
> Is there anybody having convenient access to a library that owns this
> edition (not the one revised by Wilhelm Kempff)?
>
> It would be nice if someone could go there and do some measurements on one
> page (which we'd like to have for our "engraving challenges").
>
> Best
> Urs

Urs -

It might help to be able to narrow your search. Try WorldCat <
www.worldcat.org>. I did a search, and got multiple hits, some with just
the Schumanns, not with Kempff, but I don't know which works you're looking
for. Once you find the edition you want (and when you see the correct
title, you can click on "all editions and formats"), you can see which
libraries hold it. If you're not in a huge hurry, you could try
interlibrary loan, or perhaps you could contact the library directly to try
to get measurements. The one edition I looked at more closely had, under
"Description", "1 score (183 p.) ; 31 cm." WorldCat lists libraries
worldwide.

Best of luck,

Ralph

--