Dear David,
thanks for Your help.
There seems to be a problem with the function itself.
Whith the below quoted snippet, I get the error:
taktartentest.ly:3:21: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression
beginning here
fourquarterRests = #
                    (define-music-function (parser location  ANFANG  ENDE )
(number?  number? )
Here is the snippet:

\version "2.18.0"
fourquarterRests = #(define-music-function (parser location  ANFANG  ENDE )
(number?  number? )
global = {
\time 4/4 s1*4
}