David,

Thanks very much for this very fast answer.

But two things:

1) I get a syntax error

> D:/Peter/Music/Lilypond/Mendelssohn/March2.ly:61:16: error: wrong
> type for argument 1.  Expecting string, found transparent
>    \alterBroken
>                 #'transparent #'(#t) Score.SystemStartBrace
>
> D:/Peter/Music/Lilypond/Mendelssohn/March2.ly:61:37: error: wrong
> type for argument 3.  Expecting list, found "Score"
>    \alterBroken #'transparent #'(#t)
>                                      Score.SystemStartBrace
>
> D:/Peter/Music/Lilypond/Mendelssohn/March2.ly:61:42: error: syntax error,
> unexpected '.'
>    \alterBroken #'transparent #'(#t) Score
>                                           .SystemStartBrace
>
> D:/Peter/Music/Lilypond/Mendelssohn/March2.ly:54:2: error: errors found,
> ignoring music expression
>
>   \new PianoStaff

2) Your message implies that you think I want to get rid of the second brace.
That's not the case - I want to get rid of the first one if possible. If I
can't it's no great problem - I have to be more careful with the scissors!

Peter
mailto:lilyp...@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com

Hi again,