Hi Knute,

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Knute Snortum <ksnor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (LilyPond version 2.18.2)
>
> This snippet:
>
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=10
>
> ...work as advertized and produces two fermatas over the last bar line.
>  The only problem is what it emits these warnings:
>
> document.ly:22:7: warning: Two simultaneous mark events, junking this one
>
>  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.dfermata" }
>
> document.ly:16:7: warning: Previous mark event here
>
>  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
>

> I am working with the Mutopia Project, so my scripts cannot emit warnings.
>  Does anyone know why these warnings are printed?  Or, since the output is
> fine, can we stop the warnings?  (I know this violates the spirit of the
> "no warning" policy, but since we know it works...)

Well, you can suppress the warnings by including these lines in your file:

#(ly:expect-warning "Previous mark event here")

#(ly:expect-warning "Two simultaneous mark events, junking this one")

That's pretty awful, of course.  And there's another drawback: you need to
suppress all warnings individually.  So if you have another simultaneous
mark situation, you'll need to repeat these lines.

Have you seen the following link?

http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg76333.html

I think this will give you what you need.  (I think that this engraver
should be added to the codebase.)

HTH,

David