Janek Warchoł <janek.lilyp...@gmail.com> writes:

>> The 2.18 changes document says that #'(Staff Accidental) and
>> Staff.Accidental were now interchangeable, however if I replace it in the
>> second function call, I get errors (unexpected "." etc.). Is there a way to
>> avoid this in the coding of the function or should it be considered a bug?
>

> I think that symbol-list-or-symbol? is what you need:

I'd probably use symbol-list? here.  symbol-list-or-symbol? is a bit of
a compatibility crutch for functions that previously accepted #'xxx
syntax for their arguments, possibly mimicking \override syntax.

For newly introduced functions, accepting #'xxx in addition to #'(xxx)
does not seem like a necessity.

--
David Kastrup