On 28.07.2014, at 12:52, Simon Albrecht <simon.albre...@mail.de> wrote:

> Am 27.07.2014 23:17, schrieb pls:
>>
>> On 27.07.2014, at 22:18, Phil Holmes <m...@philholmes.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know.  My guess: there is no reasonable slur that will miss the
>>> hairpin if the hairpin is inside the slur, so Lily does the best compromise.
>>
>> Thanks, Phil!  It’s actually an excerpt of a real-life example I’m trying to
>> re-engrave.  There is probably no automated solution for this case so I
>> might use the \shape function.
> And there’s always the question if it’s really a good idea to follow the
> example even in such details as the shape of one slur. Often it makes more
> sense to take some liberty and find one’s own solutions.

Well, I did not intend to mimick all the details.  First of all I wanted to
find a way to place the hairpins inside the slurs (see exOne). Mike showed me a
pretty good way to achieve that.  Now I might work on some details such as
improving the shape of the slur or thinning out the girth of the hairpin...