Hey all,

I recently stumbled across this old thread from 2002 about ties between
enharmonic pitches:

http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.lilypond.general/2002-12/msg00176.html

I am typesetting a piece where the successive chords are:

<dis ais’ cisis fis bis> ~ % (D#m maj7 #15)
<e g d’ fis b>  %(Em9)

The above is pseudocode - the actual piece is across 5 staves and voices.

I have seen the suggestion to slur the cisis and the d, but something about
that feels unsatisfactory.  However, if that is the most common way in real
scores, I will do it.  What are current opinons on this topic? Meaning, what is
considered the best way to show this and what is the most elegant way to do
that in LilyPond?

Cheers,
~Mike