Hi Urs,

you can use ly:input-file-line-char-column to get a list containing the
file-path and line- and column-number.
In openlilylib I placed a function inside
/scheme-lib/lalily/parser-location.scm -  location-extract-path - which
returns the absolute path of the location.
With lalily I sometimes use a wrapper around this:
epsPath = \filePath "mypic.eps"
Now 'epsPath' contains the absolute path of the file "mypic.eps"
relative to the ily-file. That way I can predefine markups containing
eps-files in files, which are included from anywhere.

It gets a bit fuzzy now ;)
Back to the point:
use ly:input-file-line-char-column to get a list from a location.

HTH
Best
Jan-Peter