> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to offset a repeat bar line at the beginning of a system without
> > moving the bar line at the end of the system above before the line
> break. Is
> > that possible? Something like \alterBreak, but for non-spanners would
> help …
> >
> > \version "2.19.13"
> > \relative c' {
> >   c1 \break
> >   \once \override Score.BarLine.extra-offset = #'(-1 . 0)
> >   \repeat volta 2 {
> >     c \break
> >   }
> > }
> >
> > This code has the desired output in the second system (well, it looks
> ugly
> > in this case, but it’s correct in the non-minimal code I’m working on),
> but
> > also moves the bar line in the first system, which is not desired.
> >
> > Does anybody know a solution?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peter
>

> Hi Peter,
>
> try:
>
> \relative c' {
>   c1 \break
>   \override Score.BarLine.after-line-breaking =
>   #(lambda (grob)
>     (if (= (ly:item-break-dir grob) RIGHT)
>         (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'extra-offset '(-1 . 0))))
>   \repeat volta 2 {
>     c \break
>   }
> }

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for!

> Though, maybe better to override Clef.space-alist instead:
>
> \override Score.Clef.space-alist.staff-bar = #'(extra-space . 0.0)

That might be better, but in my case I don’t have any clefs (I’m working on
chord sheets – didn’t incorporate that into my example), so the first
approach is perfect. Thank you!

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de