On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Michael Ellis <michael.f.el...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ​
> I find it advantageous when working with multiple voices to keep
> 'structural' information (meter, tempo, etc.) in a separate voice that gets
> combined with the other voices as illustrated in the image and code below.
> In this example, the pdf layout is correct and the MIDI output honors the
> tempo change, but doesn't repeat the second measure despite using a
> separate score block with \unfoldRepeats.

After some further research, it appears that there is no general solution
(other than copying the volte into each voice) so I'm dropping the question.

I have another question that's somewhat related.  If my example  contained
notes above the middle line, you would notice that the stem directions
would still be up because I designated \music as \voiceOne and \structure
as \VoiceTwo.

> music = \relative c' { c4 d e | f g a b  }
>
> structure = {
>         \time 3/4 \tempo 4=60 s2.
>         \time 4/4 \tempo 4=120 \repeat volta 2 { s1 }
>          }
>
> \score {
>       \new Staff = "Music" {
>       <<
>         \new Voice = "Music" { \voiceOne \music }
>         \new Voice = "Structure" { \voiceTwo \structure }
>       >>
>       }
> }

Is there a way to tell LilyPond to apply the usual single voice rules for
stem direction to \music?