On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:47 PM, Schneidy [via Lilypond]
<ml-node+s1069038n17050...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
> Hi Harm,

>> foo =
>> #(define-music-function (parser location mus)(ly:music?)
>>   (music-map
>>     (lambda (m)
>>       (if (music-is-of-type? m 'arpeggio-event)
>>           (make-music
>>              'ArpeggioEvent
>>              'tweaks
>>              (list
>>                (cons 'arpeggio-direction
>>                      (ly:music-property m 'direction))))
>>           m))
>>     mus))
>>

>> \foo
>> \relative c'' {
>>   \mark "sort of post-processing"
>>   <g b d g>4\arpeggio
>>   <g b d g>4^\arpeggio
>>   <g b d g>4_\arpeggio
>> }
>
> I like this one.
> Cheers,
> Pierre

+1!

However, I'd rather not have to use another function (\foo) to do this.
Otherwise, I don't think there's any benefit over what is currently
required with \arpeggioArrowUp. Can't it be put directly into a command
that supports the direction indicators? I can't seem to find in the
documentation where the post-fix syntax is described.

-Abraham