I'd like to take just a slight tangent on the recent thread about
increasing system-system-spacing.  I often have scores that show
up with uneven spacing.  A tiny example is attached.

First, is it syntactically correct?

And second, how can I get the system spacing more even?

The example intentionally doesn't alter system-system spacing
anywhere.  Instead, it just uses ragged-last-bottom = ##f.  I
would like the spacing to be equally distributed.  There are 8
gaps between the 9 systems, but the system-system gaps are
unequal in size.

How can I get the systems to be equally spaced?

Thanks!

Jim
\version "2.18.0"

\paper { ragged-last-bottom = ##f }

melody = \new Staff \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing = #'(
                  (basic-distance . 1)
                  (minimum-distance . 1)
                  (padding . 1)
		)
} \repeat unfold 9 { \repeat unfold 4 { g4 g'' g'' g'' } \break }

harmonies = \new ChordNames \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing = #'(
                  (basic-distance . 1)
                  (minimum-distance . 1)
                  (padding . 1)
		)
} \chordmode {
      \repeat unfold 9 { c2 a2:m | f2 g2 | s4 c s a:m | f2 g2 }
}

rhythms = \new RhythmicStaff \with {
      \override StaffSymbol.line-count = #0
      \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)
      \omit BarLine
      \omit TimeSignature
      \override NoteHead.style = #'slash
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing = #'(
                  (basic-distance . 1)
                  (minimum-distance . 1)
                  (padding . 1)
		)
      fontSize = #-2
} { % 36 bars
      \stemDown
      s1*8
      s1 s1 | r4 b r b | b r b r
      s1*4
      s1 s1 | r4 b r b | b r b r
      s1*8
      s1 s1 | r4 b r b | b r b r
      s1 s1 | r4 b r b | b r b r
} % rhythms

\score {
  <<
    \harmonies
    \rhythms
    \melody

  \layout {
    \context { \RhythmicStaff \RemoveEmptyStaves }