Hi All,

Please find herewith my last attempt to reach a kind of modern and easy
gregorian notation (see previous discussion here :

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/kind-of-gregorian-moving-noteheads-tc170995.html
and here :

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Hungarian-Gregorian-tc171130.html).

And I'm stucked for some days now: Since note heads should stick together,
ledger lines desapear (or are hidden by the note heads, see attached pic).

So I'm looking for a way to fix the leger line length without any dimension
so that no gap would remain.

TIA for any help,

Cheers

Pierre

\include "modernGregorian.ily"

\paper {
  indent = 0
}

sanctus = \transpose c c' {
  \clef G
  \key a\major
  \omit Stem
  \melisma { d \lst e } e
  \bar "|"
  \melisma {
    \lst e \sli c \lst d \tli c \tli b, r d \lst f \tli e
  }
  \melisma { d \lst e } e
  \once\override Staff.BarLine.bar-extent = #'(0 . 2) \bar "|"
  \melisma { e \lst g r a \lst b } \melisma { \lst a \tli g \tli f \tli e }
  \melisma {
    f \lst a \mli e \sli c \lst d \tli c \tli
    b, -\tweak extra-offset #'(1 . -2.5) \orn
    r r \lst f \tli e f \lst g
  } \melisma { \lst f \tli e }
  \bar "||"
}

sanctusLyrics = \lyricmode {
  mi -- ni.
  Ho -- sán -- na in ex -- cél -- sis.
}

\score {
  <<
    \cadenzaOn
    \new Voice = Sanctus \sanctus
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto Sanctus \sanctusLyrics

  \layout {
    ragged-right = ##f
    \context {
      \Lyrics
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = ##f