Hi Harm,

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> > One problem persists, though.
> > If \voiveXxx is used _and_ other objects like fingerings, TextScript
> > etc are present, the whole thing is centered above the NoteHead, not
> > the Stem.
> [...]
>
> In 2.19.16 it's due to issue 2535
> https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2535
> cc-ing the author David N.
>
> I don't think it was intended that the staccato-dot moves, when
> TextScript, Fingerings or StringNumbers are present:
>

> \version "2.19.16"
>
> {
>   \time 3/4
>   \voiceOne
>   c'2.-.
> %  \override Script.toward-stem-shift-in-column = 1.0
>   c'2.-. -"foo"  %% ??
>   c'2.-. -1      %% ??
>   c'2.-. \3      %% ??
>   c'2.-. \fermata %% ok
> }
>

> David, what do you think?

Hmmm.  Yes, there should only be a shift in the case of another Script
being present within the ScriptColumn.  Right now we simply check that it
is part of a ScriptColumn, which I see won't rule out StringNumber and
Fingering.  There ought to be a check to see if anything in the column has
the script-interface.  An oversight on my part.

I'll have a look at fixing it.

Thanks for finding this!

--David