Dear Stan,

Il 18/03/15 16.40, Stan Sanderson ha scritto:
One question- at this point, is there any essential difference
between frescobaldi 2.18 and sub port frescobaldi-devel? I have been
using the development version for some time and am wondering if there
is any reason to continue doing so.

at the moment frescobaldi and frescobaldi-devel are identical, the only difference being the version number of the application bundle.
You can expect them to be so most of the time.

Now and then I may decide to point frescobaldi-devel to a newer version than the latest release, e.g. when some new important feature becomes available that users might want to test. However, in that case I would announce the availability of the -devel version to the lists.

What you choose now is really a matter of personal preference: switching between the ports is very simple and quick, so you can easily change your mind anytime.

Best wishes.
Davide