On Fri, 20 Mar 2015, Noeck wrote:

Hi Craig,

Do I append "for f in *.xml" to the end of my command;

No, you put all your command within the for loop:

for f in *.xml; do
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly  --nd
--nrp --npl --no-beaming -m --language=english $f; done

(all this is one line – or written in several lines:)

for f in *.xml
do
 /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly \
 --nd --nrp --npl --no-beaming -m --language=english $f
done

I hope this syntax is the same on a Mac.

I am not a Mac user. But first thing I thought was: doesn't a Mac have a PATH variable like Linux and Windows have, where the long path to ...../bin can be added before having to type such long commands?

--

MT