Hi!

Your mailer has a problem with cutting long lines. Please fix it.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Tzahi Fadida wrote:

> just a few thoughts on how to improve the attendance ratio:
> 1. seperate mailing list restricted for lecture announcements
> (week in advance), which
> includes date, subject, short description.

OK. It can be done.

> 2. make lectures about ways to apply certain free open sourced
> applications sperated by business / studies / home. (like clustering,
> firewall in 10 steps, how to move ur commercial database to open source)
> / (how to compute with -100 nis in ur pocket) / (how to make a computing
> bomb in ur own home) / ( etc....).

I'm not sure if we can afford to specialize like that. I suggest we make
something that appeals to the general audience. Those who wish to know how
to do specialized task would RTFM and STFW with our help.

> 3. add voting capability in the site, so people who want to lecture can ask
> what the audience would want to hear the most.

On-line voting hardly ever works, and I seriously doubt it will work here.
The previous times we tried to make a poll we were lucky to receive %10 of
the audience.

> 4. decide (voting/arbitraraly) on someone/people who will sacrifice his
> cell phone number to help people arrive, or being the public contact
> point with the club, and to try to remove the obscurity from the club as
> much as possible.

I am willing to answer cell-phone calls, but I'm not sure this has been
the problem.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

> * - * - *
> Tzahi Fadida
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Technion Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> My Cool Site: HTTP://WWW.My2Nis.Com
> To unsub send an empty message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home E-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]