On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, mulix wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I finally wrote the autoconf configuration.
> >
> > This is not exactly a release quality, so consider it a .0 .
> >
> > Due to some issues with the CVS I still have not checked this in (sorry,
> > mulix) and it still does not include the man page. I have also yet to
> > update the rpm package.
>
> anything i can do to resolve those cvs issues?
>
> > The files are at:
> >
> > http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/R2L/r2l-tarball/
> >
> > Changes:
> >
> > * r2l-package has been added a configure.in
> > * some changes to the makefiles of r2l-plugins, biditext and refreshd
> >
> > Current problems:
> >
> > - The small peice of code I wrote for detecting libdockapp fails to work,
> > for some reason. It always succeds . I suspect that my shell code (in
> > configure.in) is buggy
> >
> > - There is a small cosmetic bug in the detection of gnome-config.
> >
> > Please try this on as many systems as you can (./configure; make) and
> > report errors. Ideally there should be nobuild errors: if the system is
> > unable to build the package , the configure script should detect this.
>
> this is one step closer to a release, so kudos for that. what's left to
> do?

* sanity checks of the configure script
* RPM package

Things to check:

* does it attempt to build a dock applet even if you don't have libdockapp
installed?

In that case there will probably be an error message about missing
dockapp.h

(Any point in bundling libdockapp in the r2l package tarball?)

* Any problems with any install script?

--
Tzafrir Cohen                        /"\
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign