Hi Tzafrir,

It seems that the project is slowly but surely getting on the right track.
Here are some minor corrections. However there are some small annoyances
when trying to compile on Solaris:

1) biditext.in still contained some export var=name constructs (with
LD_PRELOAD). I have attached a fixed version to this message.

2) After ./configure is run, when trying to run

gmake PREFIX=/tmp/r2l-install

the compilation will abort at a certain stage because install-sh is not
found.

If, after running configure, I modify the last line of

r2l-0.9.4/src/refreshd/src/make.defs

from:
INSTALL=../../.././install-sh -c

to:
INSTALL=../../../../install-sh -c

everything seems to compile OK. So I think the problem is in configure
when it sets up the INSTALL= line.

3) Once again the annoying reminder that on Solaris the
ABSTRACT_UNIX_SOCKET_ADDRESSES
macro should *not* be defined, otherwise refreshd will not run.
I think that a solution would be to place the macro definition under a
conditional compilation. ./configure should figure out that it is running
on a non-Linux platform and make sure the macro definition should not be
compiled.

                                                Best regards,

                                                        Emil

#!/bin/sh

# biditext - a script to run a program with the biditext hack

if test "x$*" = 'x'; then
  echo "$0: Error - missing program name"
  echo "Usage: biditext [--auto-refresh] program_to_run [parameters]"
  exit 1
fi

AUTO_REFRESH=0

if test "$1" = "--auto-refresh"; then
  AUTO_REFRESH=1
  shift
fi

# Set biditext by default to enabled, and neutral direction:
r2l s enable
r2l b neutral

# If BIDITEXT_FILENAME had a previous value, it is not overriden
BIDITEXT_FILENAME=`r2l p token`
export BIDITEXT_FILENAME

LD_PRELOAD="$LD_PRELOAD BIDITEXT_LIBRARY"
if test "$AUTO_REFRESH" = "1" ; then
  LD_PRELOAD="$LD_PRELOAD REFRESHD_HOOK_LIBRARY"
fi
export LD_PRELOAD
exec $*