On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 07:01:50PM -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> Note that Debian does maintain a v5 build at the moment; if they
> transition to using the Linaro toolchain for their armel build then it
> may be the best possible scenario for v5 validation. I'm copying
> Matthias who may have more information on the current status of that
> project.

Debian is currently targeting v4t rather than v5.  There was a recent
discussion on debian-arm about bumping the compat baseline to v5, and the
consensus seemed to be that there wasn't enough performance improvement to
justify the effort and the loss of compatibility with some widely-deployed
v4t developer kit.

But as long as the goal is to have something that can /run/ on v5 hw (as
opposed to something that runs /optimally/ on v5 hw), Debian fits the bill.

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org