Hi

 Notes from today's Landing Teams call; also at
 https://wiki.linaro.org/LandingTeams/Meetings/2010-09-22

 Activity reports below

   Cheers,

=== Attendees ===
 * Loïc Minier
 * Matt Waddel
 * Scott Bambrough
 * Mounir Bsaibes

=== Agenda ===
 * Action items from last meeting.
 * Achievements / progress reports
   * OMAP3
   * Versatile Express

=== Action Items ===
  * Matt to post LTP results for Vexpress on linaro-dev@ or on the wiki
  * Matt to close uInitrd u-boot-linaro bug (LP #627843)

=== Action Items from Previous Meeting ===
 * Torez to check with jcrigby about updated daily build that has fix for LP:
#618734

=== Minutes ===
 * Action items from last meeting.
   * Torez to check with jcrigby about updated daily build that has fix for LP:
#618734
   . CO
 * Achievements / progress reports
   * OMAP3
     . See activity report
   * Versatile Express
     * Low hanging fruit: validating audio on Vexpress; seems to be broken, but
Matt was told it's expected to work and is trying more stuff out (as suggested
by Pavo)
     * Getting defconfig added to the upstream kernel
     * Worked with plars on getting https://launchpad.net/abrek working; many
low-level failures with LTP; not sure which ones are serious or not
     * MMC support in u-boot would be helpful for some use cases; impacts
flash-kernel
     * flash-kernel: might make sense to send udeb changes as well, not only
runtime changes; need to make sure they land in Ubuntu
     * Very slow boot; need to log a bug for that
       * Could be initrd or rootfs
     * Seems there's an extra copy of the initrd going on at boot; need to
research this a bit more; might be the boot commands; notably for LP #629614
     * Loic would love some data on the kernel configs which are needed for
Vexpress boards
     * Matt needs to investigate the MMC/USB conflict a bit more
 * Mounir would like to help more, but isn't sure where he can contribute
   * Loic suggests that consolidating information on board status, and
describing hw enablement processes would help as they are currently lousely
coupled

Activity reports for last week

= Matt Waddel =
== this week ==

 * Fixed deploy mechanism for ARM compatiblity
 * Refactored u-boot patches to apply to the next branch
  * pushed to u-boot
 * Fixed bug 637780 - 2nd flash bank problem
 * Bug fixing on vexpress - memory issue, initrd on command line
  * frame buffer corruption - LP: #633417
  * Will Deacon sent a much better cache setup patch - pushed to linaro
kernel
 * abrek (QA system) - investigation and setup
 * flash-kernel implementation - submitted patch to debian maintainers
 * Tried Lorenzo's vexpress arm device-tree kernel
  * Device tree defaults don't work with my monitor, but kernel boots
 * Upgraded Vexpress to Maverick

== next week ==
 * Validate new images and close bugs
 * Fix linaro-media-create  bugs assigned to me
 * Submit flash-kernel review suggestions
 * Vexpress enablement test documentation and development
 * Start mmc u-boot support

= Torez Smith =
1)  Monday morning went to install and boot daily build and found it did not
build over the weekend nor up to today.....added tools/perf package caused
it not to build...opened a bug for this  (bug 643462  Linaro build process
fails to generate builds for 20100919 and 20100920 ) .  I'm looking for the
daily builds to assure no regression and to pick up the changes I made for
the IGEPv2 networking (bug 618734  [omap/igep] No eth0 with Linaro kernel).
>From the looks of the bug, these changes should be included in the next
daily build

2)  finishing up bug 619206 ( GEP task - libertas-firmware not
installed<https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-seeds/+bug/619206>)  and
looking at  bug
622429 ( ethernet device appears as usb0 and not eth0 on beagle XM
boards<https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+bug/622429>).

3)  my bug 633338 (no LCD support on IGEPv2 board) was found to be a
duplicate of bug  607250  (omapdss: VDDA_DAC regulator on IGEPv2) which has
a corresponding patch they are pulling in.

4)  next step is to look at the powervr driver changes in the "ARM Graphics
Stack on X" Blueprint.

--
Loïc Minier