Official proposal for stakeholder process for the following idea.
Anyone can contribute.

Summary
----------

Amit Kucheria has suggested we create a script called linaro-testdrive
to ease the knowledge required to download images and create bootable
media.

In his opinion as we continuously add support for more platforms and
even more boards, it will become untenable to maintain the wiki pages
describing. Something similar to 'testdrive' for Ubuntu is required for
the next cycle.

This script should ask some basic questions and just do the right
thing.  This should be a separate script from linaro-media-create.

Questions would be:
 - What SoC?
 - What board?
 - What release (milestone)?
 - Image type (headless, alip, qemu, etc.)

Each of these would be a multiple choice question. This should get rid
of the several levels of indirection required just to download all the
right components before trying to prepare an image.

The should be easily data driven. A data file could contain all of the
information required for the questions above.  And with the right
packaging, upgrades to linaro-testdrive will continually add support
for new platforms and boards.

StakeHolders
Amit Kucheria <amit.kuche...@linaro.org>
Scott Bambrough <scott.bambro...@linaro.org>

Deadline: ASAP

Time estimate: Likely two-three weeks in all.

--
Scott Bambrough <scott.bambro...@linaro.org>
Linaro Infrastructure Team Lead