On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:35:45PM +0100, Alexander Sack wrote:
> > 4. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- menuconfig (enabled
> > EARLY_PRINTK)

> > 5. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- uImage

> > 6. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- modules

> > 7. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- modules_install
> > INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/media/rootfs

> > 8. cp arch/arm/boot/uImage /media/boot; sync

> > Everything went on smoothly. Then I put the SD card on BB and powered it on.
> > I got a kernel panic: http://paste.ubuntu.com/560562

> > Please help me figuring out the problem. Is it because I didn't create
> > uInitrd? If so, then how to create it for ARM?

> yes, you also need to update uInitrd if you use the "default" linaro
> boot cmdline.

> short intro is:
> 12:22 < asac> aviksil: cp /usr/bin/qem-arm-static /mnt/rootfs/usr/bin/
> 12:22 < asac> aviksil: sudo chroot /mnt/rootfs
> 12:22 < asac> update-initramfs -kYOUR_KVERSION -c

Right.  More precisely, the problem here is that you have an initrd
configured but it's an initrd for the *wrong* kernel.  You can either
replace this initrd with one that matches the kernel, or you can fix the
boot commandline to not look for an initrd.  (The latter assumes you have
all the drivers built in that are needed to get to the rootfs - which
*should* be the case here.)

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org