Nicolas,

With the patch:

ARM: 6746/1: remove the 4x expansion presumption while decompressing the kernel

I get a build error.  This is when building my packaged kernel with
debuild.  Notice the stat failure __after__ the "Kernel:
arch/arm/boot/Image is ready message".  Then later ld fails because of
the stat failure.

  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
  KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms1.S
  AS      .tmp_kallsyms1.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux2
  KSYM    .tmp_kallsyms2.S
  AS      .tmp_kallsyms2.o
  LD      vmlinux
  SYSMAP  System.map
  SYSMAP  .tmp_System.map
  OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/Image
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
stat: cannot stat `arch/arm/boot/compressed/../Image': No such file or directory
  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/head.o
  GZIP    arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.gzip
  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o
  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/decompress.o
  SHIPPED arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.S
  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.o
  AS      arch/arm/boot/compressed/piggy.gzip.o
  LD      arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
arm-linux-gnueabi-ld:--defsym _image_size=: syntax error

The odd thing is that after the failure I can look in the directory
and Image is there so its like it some kind of race?

For the moment I am working around this be reverting this patch but
obviously thats not a real solution.

Thanks,
John