On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 09:01:33PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 04:59:18PM +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 08, 2011, Shawn Guo wrote:
> > > I'm scanning all 7 cards I have with the script wait_device, each card
> > > with 10 iterations of the test.
> > >
> > > 1) Transend 4GB SD
> > > 2) SanDisk 2GB SD
> > > 3) KingMax MMC Mobile 2GB
> > >
> > > All above 3 cards passed the test with giving "Could list partitions
> > > after 0 seconds!"
> > >
> > > 4) SanDisk 4GB SD
> > > 5) SanDisk 4GB SD
> > > 6) SanDisk 4GB SD
> > > 7) SanDisk 4GB SD
> > >
> > > All above 4 cards failed with giving "Giving up after 30 seconds
> > > failing to list partitions".  The interesting thing is it does not
> > > always fail from the beginning.  Some cards can even pass the test for
> > > 4~5 iterations, and then start failing.  If it starts failing, it
> > > always fails until I remove the card and replug it.
> >
> >  This is really valuable data; SanDisk 4 GB SDs seem to be a trend
> >  above!  It would be interesting if you could borrow another USB reader
> >  for some hours to run the tests on the same SD cards, but a different
> >  adapter.
> >
> Today in office, with another reader and another maverick machine, the
> result seems consistent.  The new thing is those four failing cards
> sometime ends up with "Could list partitions after 2 seconds!", besides
> the two possible results reported before, 0 second and failed to list.

I just tried another SanDisk 4GB SD card (#8) borrowed from colleague.
With 20 iterations testing, it reports:

Could list partitions after 0 seconds! --> 13 times
Could list partitions after 2 seconds! --> 5 times
Could list partitions after 4 seconds! --> once
Could list partitions after 8 seconds! --> once

But it never ends up "Giving up after 30 seconds failing to list
partitions".

--
Regards,
Shawn