IMPORTANT: If you have your own instance of 0.3 deployed from .debs please read on.

Hello.

This email contains upgrade instructions for 0.3~c9 -> 0.3~c10 upgrade. The upgrade process is not automatic due to django-debian maintainer script backwards-incompatible change. This had to be done because of design bug I discovered while attempting to implement south support.

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS:

0) Optional step: backup your database (pgdump or copy the sqlite file)

1) Backup database settings:
/etc/dbconfig-common/launch-control.conf
/etc/launch-control/default-database.conf

2) Upgrade maintainer script support library from the PPA.
Install 0.5~c1 of django-debian and python-django-debian

3) Upgrade launch-control to transitional 0.3~c10 from the PPA.
First install 0.3~c10 of launch-control and launch-control-$backend (where backend is sqlite or pgsql) Maintainer script will ask you if you want to reinstall database, SAY NO here. At this stage your database settings are lost due to, unfortunately mandatory, django-debian redesign (due to design flaw).

4) Recover two files you backed up earlier. Just copy them over.
5) Reconfigure launch-control.
Run sudo dpkg-reconfigure launch-control, this should not ask anything, syslog should have a lot of details about what's happened.

6) Remove legacy configuration directory:
rm -rf /etc/django-debian/

Verify that everything works as before.

If you encounter any problems please let me know, thanks

Best regards
Zygmunt Krynicki