Hi Paul,

Since LTP is being used by Validation team, I would really like to
link my effort with your team.

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 07:30:39AM -0500, Paul Larson wrote:
> http://validation.linaro.org/launch-control/dashboard/test-runs/fccb906e-7301-11e0-816b-2e4070f01206/has
> the results from a recent run I did on panda in the validation lab.  I
> do restrict the default set of tests in ltp to skip a few of the nastier IO

I'm seeing 'runltp -f syscalls' in ltp.py.  So you are saying test set
'syscalls' is the default one?

> ones that run ok on fast machines with sata disks, but on our dev boards
> just needlessly pound the sd cards, typically long enough to make you think
> the system is just completely unresponsive.

I noticed you have great experience with LTP, so you might be the right
person to help me draft blueprint [1].  One thing unclear to me is the
test scenario/set we should focus on.  Is 'syscalls' good enough for
us to address in 11.10 cycle?

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+spec/linaro-kernel-o-ras-fix-ltp

--