On Mon, May 02, 2011, AJ ONeal wrote:
> I don't think that plymouth is a particularly necessary service (especially
> since I don't have a display), so my temporary solution is to disable it
> like so:
> cd /etc/init
> ls plymouth*.conf | while read CONF
> do
>   mv ${CONF} ${CONF}.off
> done
> Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

 Plymouth is used a message and user-interaction multiplexer so that new
 devices and filesystems can appear during boot and be fscked, and the
 user can be prompted -- asynchronously.  It's not just the framebuffer
 output used to display a splash.

 I don't have suggestions for your SEGV; there are debug flags for
 plymouth which you might be able to use; you could also spawn a
 terminal at various stages of the boot and try running plymouth
 yourself or under gdb

--
Loïc Minier