This makes a lot of sense with respect to the discussion we had at the
graphics working group meeting this morning around component releases;
more to the point, exactly how each component gets tested, packaged
(and/or tar'd) and pushed out to some publicly visible repository.
The idea of letting someone post their own "howto" on the wiki, and
then, based upon votes, pushing it to the "official" engineering
resources howto section has merit for me.  Of course, how the plugin
handles votes across revisions would make a difference here, but the
idea, in and of itself, seems cool for certain applications of the
wiki.

cheers,
Jesse