On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 23:17:02 +0100, Ramana Radhakrishnan
<ramana.radhakrish...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Sorry I'm getting into this conversation a bit late but is there also
> a need to figure out what toolchain was used to build this hwpack and
> the way in which the toolchain was configured (v7-a, neon, vfp ,
> vfpv3-d16) and what version of the toolchain was used. If this
> information is already captured or there is an easy way of getting back
> to this. This is if you think there is a use-case of regenerating the hwpack
> to investigate any issues that might come up

While this would be a useful thing to record it's not that easy given
that the toolchain used is a couple of steps removed from the hwpack.
It currently works like

  Source package -> Binary package -> Hardware pack

with the toolchain being used in the first translation. We would need to
record the toolchain used in the binary packages to provide this
information. There's currently no mechanism to do this generally, but
again if we are modifying the packaging of each piece to do this they
could run something to discover the toolchain information and store this
in a similar way to git-describe output used to identify the ref that
was built.

Thanks,

James