On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 16:45:35 +0000, Fathi Boudra <fathi.bou...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 6 June 2011 16:30, James Westby <james.wes...@canonical.com> wrote:
> > We should put this info somewhere else (use Vcs-* perhaps?) so that we can
> > provide
> > this information for other packages too.
>
> You can add additional user-defined fields to the control file if it's
> required or more convenient.

I'm well aware of that, thanks.

However, automatic insertion of generated new fields is not that easy,
and can cause problems when interacting with e.g. version control.

In addition the information is used in a variety of places, and if the
rules for how to specify where the information end up don't work for you
use case you are forced to push the information in to places it doesn't
really belong, at best causing bloat.

Thanks,

James