On 25 May 2011 04:45, Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pi...@linaro.org> wrote:

<snip>

> FWIW, here's what the kernel part might look like, i.e. for
> compatibility with pre ARMv6k systems (beware, only compile tested):

<snip>

Hi Nicolas,
  I've just about got a set of gcc backend changes working for the inline case
and plan on attacking libgcc next week.

  What are your intentions for that code that you sent in this message - do
you intend to finish it off and upstream it or were you wanting me to do that
as part of this task?

  If you're doing it could you confirm the interface to work to.
Also, do you think there should be a halfword and byte interface as well,
given that halfword and byte ldrex implementations aren't available on
older ARMs,
or expect user space to do a bit of mask fiddling with the 32bit ones?

Dave