On 06/16/2011 07:42 PM, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 16:38 +0200, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
On 06/16/2011 02:45 PM, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 00:16 +0200, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
On 06/15/2011 03:26 PM, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
Hi folks,

http://patches.linaro.org/ went live yesterday and we need your help to
set it up and get accurate metrics. It should take only a few minutes!

The first thing we need is the HTTP URL for the upstream master branch
of every project on the front page -- I'll take a git:// URL if that's
all they have.  If you could send me the URLs for the projects you
contribute to, it'd be great. This has to be done only once and we'll
use that to automatically detect when a patch is committed upstream.
http://git.linaro.org/git/tools/powerdebug.git

http://git.linaro.org/git/tools/pm-qa.git
I've created new projects for those two. Thanks!
Thanks.

By the way, I am working for Linaro since one month, I missed I should
have sent two patchset to linaro-dev@ cc'ing patches@l.o

Is there a way to "import" these patchsets into patches.linaro.org ?

http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-dev/2011-June/004957.html
http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-dev/2011-May/004575.html
The only way to do that is to send them to patches@l.o. If you have the
git branch where they came from handy you could git send-email them
again?

Yes, sure. That will not really reflect the posting dates but I suppose it is better than nothing.

[ ... ]

Similarly, if any of the patches you see there have been superseded or
rejected, please do mark them as such. You can do bulk changes there
selecting the patches and using the form at the bottom.

Finally, although we do our best to place patches under the appropriate
projects, sometimes we're not able to (e.g. when patches are sent *only*
to patches@l.o), and in these cases they need to be moved manually. The
list of patches for which we couldn't find a project are at

     http://patches.linaro.org/patchwork/project/other-unknown/list/
The two projects are hosted at git.linaro.org and belongs to linaro. The
address you can't find to which project the patchset I will send for
powerdebug is related to, right ?
Yep, that's correct.

I sent a patchset with "powerdebug" keyword in the subject prefix.
Assuming you create the "powerdebug" project, will the next patchset go
to the right project ? Or do I have to move the patchset to the right
project manually using the form ?
We don't do that right now, so yes, you'll need to move them using the
form. However, I think it'd be possible to match the prefix to an
existing project when all else fails. A custom email header would be
more robust but I understand that a prefix is probably easier to use.
What do you think?
I don't know how to build a custom email header for git-send-email :/

I think a subject prefix is the easier way for now.

Maybe that could be nice to create a mailing list per linaro project and
subscribe only linaro-dev@ to these.

Each mailing list could be configured with the project prefix, so we
don't need to prefix the patches manually, that will be done
automatically when redirecting the mail to linaro-dev@, so people can
know what project we are talking about. I guess some configuration
should be done to prevent email ping-pong between linaro-dev and the
other projects mailing list.

Example:
I send a patch
      --to powerde...@linaro.org
      --cc patc...@linaro.org
      --subject "[ PATCH 1/1 ] hello world"

linaro-dev@ will receive :
      -- subject "[ powerdebug ][ PATCH 1/1 ] hello world"

patc...@linaro.org will receive :
      -- subject: "[ PATCH 1/1 ] hello world"

And you have the right --to email address to find the project the
patches are related to.

No ?
Yep, that would work just as you describe.

ps : the mail aliases could be used for linaro-dev instead of a mailing
list per project
And this makes it fairly easy to implement, but either way people will
have to remember to send the patches to the project alias (which is very
easy to remember, anyway) instead of linaro-dev@.

Yeah, if they send to the wrong address the patches will go to "unknow" and that will end up to the senders to move the patches to the right project.

We can use powerdebug as a guinea pig for this and if it works fine we
can do it for others. Do you know who we should talk to in order to get
this done?

[1] http://lists.linaro.org/mailman/create