On 06/24/2011 08:13 PM, Woodruff, Richard wrote:

This suggests to me that a simple drop-in of libjpeg-turbo might
be actually easy to do, and that there is probably a significant
performance benefit to be achieved. One thing to keep in mind is
that this code still supports armv6, so we'd probably want to
preserve that.

You have to be a little careful as ARM did drop some bad NEON errata
in A9 which require care to work around. Some CPU versions are
impacted while others are not, tanstaafl.

AFAIK ARM has a tool that can scan object code for "bad" neon
sequences, maybe they are willing to make that generally available?