Adding John Rigby here.

On 11 Jul 12, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> From: Vincent Guittot <vincent.guit...@linaro.org>
>
> (Patch accepted by Russell for 3.1:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg131273.html)
>

> +config ARM_CPU_TOPOLOGY
> +     bool "Support cpu topology definition"
> +     depends on SMP && CPU_V7
> +     default y
> +     help
> +       Support ARM cpu topology definition. The MPIDR register defines
> +       affinity between processors which is then used to describe the cpu
> +       topology of an ARM System.
> +
> +config SCHED_MC
> +     bool "Multi-core scheduler support"
> +     depends on ARM_CPU_TOPOLOGY
> +     help
> +       Multi-core scheduler support improves the CPU scheduler's decision
> +       making when dealing with multi-core CPU chips at a cost of slightly
> +       increased overhead in some places. If unsure say N here.
> +
> +config SCHED_SMT
> +     bool "SMT scheduler support"
> +     depends on ARM_CPU_TOPOLOGY
> +     help
> +       Improves the CPU scheduler's decision making when dealing with
> +       MultiThreading at a cost of slightly increased overhead in some
> +       places. If unsure say N here.
> +

Can you please enable these Kconfig options in our configs? By default
SCHED_MC/SMT expose a /sys interface and are disabled by default (0).

Possible values are:

 0 - No power saving load balance (default value)
 1 - Fill one thread/core/package first for long running threads
 2 - Also bias task wakeups to semi-idle cpu package for power savings

See Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-devices-system-cpu for details.

This will make it easy to turn on for folks that are interested (by writing 2
to /sys/devices/system/cpu/sched_mc_power_savings)

Regards,
Amit