On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Alexander Sack <a...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Tom Gall <tom.g...@linaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I thought I would clarify what is in store for the next few linaro
>> cycles from a libjpeg-turbo perspective.
>>
>> 11.08
>> 1.1.2 libjpeg-turbo (featuring cleaned up patches)
>> upstreaming and support of what could be a late august upstream 1.2 release
>
> Does this involve adding easy/automatic benchmarks so we can track a)
> improvements turbo gives over plain and b) improvements we do to turbo
> over time? If not, I would very much like to see that that's part
> early phases of the plan.

1.1.1 includes in cjpeg and djpeg (encode and decode respectively)
timing code for measurement. Make test also includes timing code. It's
less than perfect but it's there.

Upstream 1.2's make test is improved and more fleshed out.

Could it be better?  When can code never be improved or have more and
better test? ;-)

--
Regards,
Tom

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com