All,

The current 1.1.90 code with mandeep's reworked change that was
accepted yesterday passes all make test and correctly displays the
android reference image that was showing quality problems with the
older 1.1.1 androidized proof of concept.

Given this situation for Linaro's 11.08 release we are going to ship
the upstream 1.1.90 version. I do not believe we should do any further
development with the older 1.1.x branch of code.  This works well for
linux and will make Monday's RC build. (for those on the
libjpeg-turbo-devel list, Linaro ships a reference image every month)

For android the situation is a little less clear. Basically we'll need
to re-forward-port the android specific changes to the 1.1.90 code. It
will take some time and we will submit this upstream to the
libjpeg-turbo project of course. I don't want a hack like the POC for
android was. So for the android team short term I think it's your
choice, you can continue to include the 1.1.1 POC in your builds but
for things that might be busted, you get to keep both halves. I think
the POC has served it's purpose and now's the time to focus on what
will benefit both the Linaro Android WG, the upstream libjpeg-turbo
community longer term.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Tom

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com