On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Christian Robottom Reis
<k...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 01:07:07AM +0300, Ilias Biris wrote:
>> How can we get consistent vendor support to get 3d acceleration working
>> for the Linaro officially supported platforms? If we are targeting last
>> version Ubuntu-based evaluation builds and some of the code we work on
>> (and goes upstream) is going through a transition (like unity/nux have
>> moved on to oneiric now) then we may be unable to provide meaningful
>> releases for the components in question. The real issue we have in GWG
>> is 3d acceleration driver support for the next version of ubuntu - we
>> don't have any at the moment (AFAIK) for oneiric
>
> AIUI this is something which all vendors struggle with, but at least for
> the OMAP4 we should be in reasonably good shape as TI are committed to
> providing the necessary binaries for Oneiric. I raised this with Ricardo
> and he was confident it would be okay, so I'm surprised to still see
> this in the report.

We already got SGX working with Oneiric at our Overlay PPA, and should
also be able to make that available directly at Ubuntu in the next few
days.

So we can already start validating and using Oneiric based images
right now, if you're fine with SGX and Pandaboard.

> I also don't quite understand why the updated Unity/Nux packages
> wouldn't Just Work if installed on Natty -- is the issue that they
> require updated X11 and Mesa?

Nux is not API compatible, requiring Unity to be updated, which also
requires a bunch newer libraries, making the backport not so trivial.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo