On 26 August 2011 20:06, Eric Miao <eric.m...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Zach Pfeffer <zach.pfef...@linaro.org> wrote:
>> On 26 August 2011 09:35, Eric Miao <eric.m...@linaro.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Zach,
>>>
>>> We are really a bit short of resource at this moment. We'll definitely look
>>> into this issue once we finish our current focused work (likely the week
>>> after next). However, before that, could your team help with:
>>
>> Can you pull it in a little? You guys have known about this for a month.
>
> Haitao was busy debugging on the issue that MMC being removed, and
> you changed the priority of this bug to highest just _this_ week. Does
> this help even if we know this for a month?

I didn't change any priority. I was asking about a bug you've had in
your queue for a month and haven't touched.

>>> 1. step by step instructions of how to reproduce this in detail
>>
>> Just load the build and run it.
>
> OK, let me be clear:
>
> - Where do we download the rootfs image?
>
> - Which version do we need to download to reproduce?
>
> - Any modification to u-boot command line?
>
> - Any modification to config files on that rootfs image?
>
> - Since you are also building the kernel from our source (and it's
> changed a bit in
> some way as I know which I have no feedback on what has been changed), could
> you also point out where do we download the kernel

These instructions are listed with every release. Here they are again:

export MANIFEST_REPO=git://android.git.linaro.org/platform/manifest.git
export MANIFEST_BRANCH=linaro-android-11.08-release
export MANIFEST_FILENAME=LEB-iMX53.xml
export TARGET_PRODUCT=iMX53
export TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
export TARGET_SIMULATOR=false
export
TOOLCHAIN_URL=https://android-build.linaro.org/jenkins/job/linaro-android_toolchain-4.6-2011.08/6/artifact/build/out/android-toolchain-eabi-linaro-4.6-2011.08-6-2011-08-19_20-41-31-linux-x86.tar.bz2

repo init -u ${MANIFEST_REPO} -b ${MANIFEST_BRANCH} -m ${MANIFEST_FILENAME}

wget --no-check-certificate ${TOOLCHAIN_URL}

tar -jxvf android-toolchain-eabi-linaro*

make TARGET_PRODUCT=${TARGET_PRODUCT}
TARGET_TOOLS_PREFIX=./android-toolchain-eabi/bin/arm-eabi- boottarball
systemtarball userdatatarball

bzr branch lp:linaro-image-tools

./linaro-image-tools/linaro-android-media-create --mmc /dev/sdc --dev
iMX53 --system ./out/target/product/pandaboard/system.tar.bz2
--userdata ./out/target/product/pandaboard/userdata.tar.bz2 --boot
./out/target/product/pandaboard/boot.tar.bz2

>>> 2. some analysis of this issue to see if it's really a kernel bug, as the
>>> rootfs
>>> I know we are using now is from beagle/panda, which could be different in
>>> the framebuffer layer, that will greatly simply our debug later.

You'll need to start by pulling a build so that we're talking from the
same environment. You can also load the build up to see the issue
without rebuilding with these commands:

wget --no-check-certificate
https://android-build.linaro.org/jenkins/job/linaro-android_leb-imx53-11.08-release/1/artifact/build/out/target/product/iMX53/boot.tar.bz2
wget --no-check-certificate
https://android-build.linaro.org/jenkins/job/linaro-android_leb-imx53-11.08-release/1/artifact/build/out/target/product/iMX53/system.tar.bz2
wget --no-check-certificate
https://android-build.linaro.org/jenkins/job/linaro-android_leb-imx53-11.08-release/1/artifact/build/out/target/product/iMX53/userdata.tar.bz2

bzr branch lp:linaro-image-tools

./linaro-image-tools/linaro-android-media-create --mmc /dev/sdc --dev
iMX53 --system system.tar.bz2 --userdata userdata.tar.bz2 --boot
boot.tar.bz2

>> Since the kernel is running the framebuffer I would start to look there.
>
> The framebuffer is working all right under Ubuntu, so I assume there could
> be some mis-use, esp. the omapfb extends some of the framebuffer API
> and we have no idea what impact that will have on top of i.MX5' fb. And
> FYI - the framebuffer works all right as well with Adeneo's rootfs (a 3rd
> party that helps Freescale w/ Android on i.MX5)

Sure, but something up with Android and we need help fixing it.

>> Yves,
>>
>> Do you have a PoC for the framebuffer driver owner at Freescale?
>
> Jason is the owner for the fb driver and he's part of the landing team. That
> does _not_ necessarily mean he knows how to fix this issue.
>
> And the key point here is: you have no idea if this _is_ a framebuffer driver
> issue before any analysis is done.  Esp. because the framebuffer is working
> all right under ubuntu. And your Android team should have better idea
> how fb is integrated in Android, and have a better position to first debug
> this issue until the framebuffer driver can be blamed.

No ones blaming we're just getting things together to start debugging
the issue. We need to get everyone in the room so that we can ask the
right questions.