Hello Edwin,

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 15:52:49 +0200
Edwin Kempin <edwin.kem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm afraid that regular expressions are broken in Gerrit 2.2.1, see
> issue 1015 [1]. It was fixed with commit
> 9161c709eefc0828a8af4d46f6e8409c307aea1e for Gerrit 2.2.2
> The correct syntax for your case would be "^refs/heads/linaro.*". This
> syntax is accepted by Gerrit 2.1.8 and current Gerrit master state,
> which will be Gerrit 2.2.2.

Thanks for confirming this issue and providingthe  bug reference, Edwin
- I tried to search about these issues, saw people raising questions
about "/*", but somehow didn't see any reports of regexp problems.

I understand that right now is probably not the best time to ask for
this, but assuming that AOSP infrastructure is fully back up, is a new
Gerrit release somewhere in the near queue?

> You are right, that the backslashes in the examples are incorrect and
> the documentation needs to be fixed (I can do this as soon as the
> Android Gerrit server is back). The backslashes in the documentation
> occured due to an incompatible upgrade of args4j. The old version of
> args4j required certain characters to be escaped with a backslash.
> When we upgraded to the new args4j version all those backslashes that
> were used for escaping suddenly became visible...
>
> Best regards,
> Edwin
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=1015

[]