While updating my natty install on my beagle board xm, I ran into the following

Preparing to replace libjpeg-turbo62 1.1.90-1inaro6 (using
.../libjpeg-turbo62_1.1.90-1inaro6_armel.deb) ...
DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is not a supported variable name at
/usr/bin/dpkg-architecture line 214.
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libjpeg-turbo62_1.1.90-1inaro6_armel.deb
(--unpack):
 subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 9
DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is not a supported variable name at
/usr/bin/dpkg-architecture line 214.
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 9

This doesn't make much sense as

dpkg-query -l multiarch-support
||/ Name                 Version              Description
+++-====================-====================-========================================================
ii  multiarch-support    2.13-0ubuntu13       Transitional package to
ensure multiarch compatibility

Least I thought that's all you needed to have installed for multiarch
support, judging by what I see in
http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Tom

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com