On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 7:15 AM, Bernhard Rosenkranzer
<bernhard.rosenkran...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 9 September 2011 08:35, Christian Robottom Reis <k...@linaro.org> wrote:
>> Good job on proactively looking for bustage. I assume you guys worked
>> out a plan with Michael on how to provide feedback on the issues we
>> find -- let me know if that needs work.
>
> I presume normal bug reports will do the trick...
>
>> When you say "gcc tip code" above, I think you actually mean "gcc-linaro
>> tip code". Is that right?
>
> yes
>
>>> The gcc build has already been patched with
>>> http://people.linaro.org/~bernhardrosenkranzer/gcc-4.6-11.08-bug50116.patch
>>> http://people.linaro.org/~bernhardrosenkranzer/gcc-4.6-11.08-bug50266.patch
>>
>> For the sake of sanity, it may help to name those patches using "PR"
>> instead of bug as they actually refer to GCC PRs.
>
> OK with me -- I've symlinked them so new builds may use pr while old
> ones keep working.
>
>> Are those patches not going to make it into the 11.09 gcc-linaro spin?
>
> Not sure - the bug is tracked in
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/+bug/827990
> so the toolchain guys are aware of it.
>
> Since the bug breaks our build, we need the fix in right now - so
> until it does get in, we're using the GCC_PATCH_URL mechanism to
> inject the patches.

Yip, this patch will be in this weeks release.  The fix was done in
the upstream release branch and will come down as part of our monthly
merge-from-trunk.

The merge request for this is at:

https://code.launchpad.net/~ams-codesourcery/gcc-linaro/merge-from-fsf-20110908-4.6/+merge/74630

The auto builder built it fine on i686, x86_64, A9, and ARMv5.  The
testsuite changes still need to be investigated.

Bernhard has done the right thing and pulled the upstream patch to
meet their immediate need.

-- Michael