On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 04:24:17PM -0500, Zach Pfeffer wrote:
> [...]

So how do we accomplish this common tracking branch across new releases
of upstream? Or am I misunderstanding Andy's idea -- is he not
suggesting we have something which is Linus HEAD plus Android patches?

> Should we just shoot for only making Android builds from upstreamed
> work (kernel.org and AOSP) and not worry about hardware enablement
> unless that enablement can be done in an upstreamable way?

If the question is simply that, the answer is of course no -- the
Landing Team trees can contain stuff which is not-yet-upstreamable, and
we should still use them for Android builds if they can be used for that.

But I think you're asking a different question.
--
Christian Robottom Reis, Engineering VP
Brazil (GMT-3) | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | [+1] 612 216 4935