Riku,

On 24 November 2011 13:32, Riku Voipio <riku.voi...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to let you all know, due to the ongoing multiarch work, it is not
> possible to cross-compile
> relatively complex packages in ubuntu. For example, following the
> instructions[1], Firefox.

Out of curiosity and having a few minutes right now, I tried following
the instructions in an oneiric chroot on an amd64 host and I hit the
following issues.

1. /etc/apt.conf.d does not really exist. so I had to create one and
put 10local into it.
2. While following the instructions as in "Drag-in build dependencies
for firefox"

(oneiric)root@e102742:~# cat firefox-deps.sh
apt-get install libx11-dev:armel libxt-dev:armel libgtk2.0-dev:armel
liborbit2-dev:armel libidl-dev:armel libxft-dev:armel
libfreetype6-dev:armel libxrender-dev:armel libxinerama-dev:armel
libgnome2-dev:armel libgconf2-dev:armel libgnomeui-dev:armel
libstartup-notification0-dev:armel libasound2-dev:armel
libcurl4-openssl-dev:armel libdbus-glib-1-dev:armel libiw-dev:armel
mesa-common-dev:armel libnotify-dev:armel libgnomevfs2-dev:armel
libdbusmenu-gtk-dev:armel

(oneiric)root@e102742:~# sh firefox-deps.sh
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libasound2-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libcurl4-openssl-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libdbus-glib-1-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libfreetype6-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libgtk2.0-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libnotify-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libx11-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libxft-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libxinerama-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libxrender-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libxt-dev:armel is already the newest version.
mesa-common-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libdbusmenu-gtk-dev:armel is already the newest version.
liborbit2-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libiw-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libstartup-notification0-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libgnome2-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libgnomeui-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libgnomevfs2-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libgconf2-dev:armel is already the newest version.
libidl-dev:armel is already the newest version.
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
 libgnutls26:armel : Depends: libtasn1-3:armel (>= 1.6-0) but it is
not going to be installed
 libtasn1-3-dev:armel : Depends: libtasn1-3:armel (= 2.9-4) but it is
not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).
(oneiric)root@e102742:~# apt-get install libtasn1-3-dev:armel
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libtasn1-3-dev:armel is already the newest version.

(oneiric)root@e102742:~# apt-get install libtasn1-3:armel
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  x11proto-record-dev libcairo-script-interpreter2 libssl-doc
libglib2.0-dev zlib1g-dev libxtst6 libglobus-openssl
  libtasn1-3:armel
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
235 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/37.7 kB of archives.
After this operation, 139 kB of additional disk space will be used.
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
(Reading database ... 44963 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libtasn1-3:armel (from .../libtasn1-3_2.9-4_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libtasn1-3_2.9-4_armel.deb (--unpack):
 './usr/share/doc/libtasn1-3/NEWS.gz' is different from the same file
on the system
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libtasn1-3_2.9-4_armel.deb

Is there something I might be doing wrong ?

Cheers,
Ramana