On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:04:26 +0100, Zygmunt Krynicki
<zygmunt.kryni...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi LAVA users,
>
> The Linaro Validation Team is preparing to change the way we deploy
> LAVA in production.  We expect this will require 1 hour of downtime or
> less on Monday beginning at 22:00 UTC.
> This upgrade will streamline our deployment process, allowing us to
> deploy changes more frequently and quickly deliver incremental
> improvements. This change will also allow others to deploy LAVA in the
> same way, for development or production purposes.
>
> As the API will not be working during the downtime, there is the
> chance that some automatically-submitted jobs (e.g. from
> android-build) will be lost.  We hope to work soon on an approach that
> will avoid this risk.

This has now been completed.  There are a few bug fixes deployed in the
new rollout, but the real change of course is that we should be able to
bring you improvements much more quickly than before.

The down time ended up being very short, maybe 10 minutes + a couple of
Apache restarts so we should not have lost many submitted jobs.

Cheers,
mwh