Hi all,

I would like to just mention to anyone that's interested that Genesi's
Ahmed Ammar and Steev Klimaszewski, managed to get Android ICS running
on the EfikaMX Smarttop (no Smartbook yet, working on it), along with
3D acceleration. Details are here:

http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15539

As noted in the post, it's pre-alpha software, and a work in progress,
but it's good for a tech demo or for testing purposes.

Also, some of you might already have noticed that there is a iMX53
developer program started:

http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2092

Last year Genesi gave away around 100 iMX51 Smartbooks and Smarttops
to projects like Debian, Ubuntu, Linaro, Fedora, Gentoo, etc. We would
like to repeat that -although with slight differences, eg. priority
will be given to people that have already contributed to previous
projects with the iMX51 Smart* devices. In short we will always
consider nice projects for inclusions in the program, and of course
being part of Linaro is an added bonus -though the program is not
restricted to Linaro engineers only.

Please read the thread for details on how to apply for the iMX53 Efika.

Thanks

Konstantinos Margaritis
hats: Genesi, Linaro, Debian.