Hello John,
     I'm currently working on bringing up a new OMAP4 board that is
similar in many respects to the pandaboard.  While playing around with
the panda, I've noticed that upstream u-boot (from denx.de) has several
problems, starting with getting the USB/Ethernet hub up and running.
Additionally, I've noticed that the u-boot-linaro-stable tree seems to
work well on the same hardware.

     Is there currently a plan for upstreaming some of the patches that
are currently being carried in u-boot-linaro-stable?  If you needed some
help with this, I think I could find a bit of time to help out, though I
would only be able to personally test OMAP4 patches.  Before starting
anything, though, I wanted to check in to see if there was a plan or if
this work was ongoing.

Thanks,
--
Chris Lalancette