Hi,

I've used this script
(http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Overo_qemu_script)  to
package binary bootloaders, kernels and a rootfs into a qemu-bootable
format.  I tweaked it specifically for the Cortex-A8 based Gumstix
Overo but it should also work for Beagleboard and should be a good
starting point for other system. More generically:
http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Overo_emulation_in_qemu

HTH,
-Ash