Hello Tugrul,

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 16:12:29 +0200
"Guclu, Tugrul" <tugrul.gu...@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have already asked thi question at
> http://ask.linaro.org/questions/607/looking-for-android-distribution-bui
> ld-on-top-of-linux-kernel-26359-for-imx53-board
> <http://ask.linaro.org/questions/607/looking-for-android-distribution-bu
> ild-on-top-of-linux-kernel-26359-for-imx53-board>  but could not
> receive satisfactory answer.
>
> Exactly how can you determine against which vanilla linux kernel
> version linaro Android distribution is built ?

Unfortunately, Android doesn't offer any kind of package management or
even manifesting to make answering such question easy. We're aware of
this issue, and would like to do something about it, but it has low
priority, as it's unclear if that would be accepted upstream and we try
not to deviate much from AOSP.

So, that leaves with just tracing needed info thru binaries or sources.
And as Android is big, that's a bit of chore.

Let's go source way as an example. Suppose you want to figure out with
which kernel version this and exactly this build was made (because all
components including kernel change over time):

https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/imx53-ics-gcc46-freescalelt-stable-open/#build=178

So, open pinned-manifest.xml from that page, which has exactly
component revisions used in the build. Look for "kernel":

<project name="kernel/imx53" path="kernel"
revision="8083fb279331e989d3d98a71ba6273f803ed7b96"/>

That comes from default remote which is

<remote fetch="git://android.git.linaro.org/" name="aosp"
review="review.android.git.linaro.org"/>
<default remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-4.0.3_r1" sync-j="4"/>

(don't pay attention to "aosp", in this context it means Linaro's
extended mirror of AOSP).

That remote has git web on the same URL (which is good convention),
let's look for kernel/imx53 repository there:

http://android.git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=kernel/imx53.git;a=summary

Let's search for the revision from pinned-manifest.xml:

http://android.git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=kernel%2Fimx53.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=8083fb279331e989d3d98a71ba6273f803ed7b96

What we're interested in is however the tree which corresponds to this
revision (click "tree" link):

http://android.git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=kernel/imx53.git;a=tree;h=a0b5ec7ae344797935a578e195ac8927a68c3671;hb=HEAD

Well, you're one click from the Makefile which starts with the kernel
version encoded:

http://android.git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=kernel/imx53.git;a=blob;f=Makefile;h=c44d720b88f0d8ac42b5b25c076ae605cb273263;hb=HEAD

--
Best Regards,